Welcome to Sanguinarius v5.
Sanguinarius has undergone a small number of not-so-small transformations. The first incarnation of Sanguinarius was The Home Page of Sanguinarius, located on AOL (shudder) way back in 1997 (v1), before moving to Tripod and becoming Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page (v2). Then it was hosted on a former real vampire resource and community site called The Coven Organization (v3). The Sanguinarius.org domain was launched on June 9, 1999 (v4), and has undergone a few cosmetic and structural changes since then, but nothing really major. By mid-to-late 2014, it was apparent that Sanguinarius needed some kind of content management system in order to grow and thrive. After some research and experimentation (and hair-tearing-out), I decided that WordPress would be the best solution, as it didn’t HAVE to “be a blog” — and besides, if CNN and many other major and well-known websites can use WordPress and look good, so can Sanguinarius.
I’ve tried to include all the information, tips, guide, articles, FAQs and other stuff from the previous incarnation, though it may be presented in a different format or organization. The important thing is to IMPROVE upon Sanguinarius, not detract from it. Enough babbling; there’s work to be done (and hair to be torn out weg)!
Feel free to look around or register/login as a member so you can post, comment, provide articles or materials, and do other fun stuff (coming later). You are not required to register in order to view the information on this site, or to vote in a poll. If you do register, it is advised that you include your name (it doesn’t have to be your real name) and some sort of profile picture so I won’t delete your empty profile because I think that you’re a spambot which has managed to register. Default user role is “Subscriber”; send me a message if you wish to be promoted to “Contributor” so you can post, etc.
I would also like to thank Jarandhel Dreamsinger, who has helped me a LOT, from answering questions and explaining the intricacies of WordPress, to getting down and dirty and writing or configuring plugins and generally helping me on my site.
Site updates, new articles, tips; real vampire, otherkin, therian, donor, and community news and announcements.
- Vampire Studies Symposium to Be Held in Texas on Halloween (7/29/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlyVampire Studies Symposium to Be Held in Texas on Halloween Click here for original article TOPICS:Dax StokesJ. Gordon MeltonJoseph LaycockMichael E. BellSymposiumsThomas J. GarzaVampire Studies Symposium Posted By: Dax Stokes June 10, 2015 On Saturday, Oct. 31, 2015, Texas’s vampire scholars will descend on a small college campus north of Dallas for “There are Such Things! Vampire Studies Symposium 2015.” This will hopefully be the beginning of an annual tradition. The symposium will feature … Continue reading
- Seeking Videos for Video Vault (7/16/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlySeeking Nilchy’s blessing, I mentioned his old Q&A videos. He informed me that he would like to put the videos behind him. Wince This has pretty much eliminated Sanguinarius.org’s Video Vault because most of them (except for maybe one or two) were his V&A series archived for others to view. Although he did agree to let me keep the other videos. THANKS, ZILCHY!!! I have temporarily disconnected my Video Vault from Sanguinarius.org until and … Continue reading
- Recent happenings (6/23/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlySome of you may know that I recently had a stroke, and both my eyesight and my word and charachter comprehendion took sits. I’m typing this without editing it to see how good/mad I’m doing currently, recovering some. But I have not done much on sanguinarius.org or in the community in recent days because of my health, which is not improving. The whay this is typed is how my brain is sorki ng / … Continue reading
- Time Off for Good…will (4/5/2015) - Print/PDF Friendly I’m going to take some time off to go through a lot of my things to see what doesn’t fit, what I don’t use, and what I don’t need, to donate to Goodwill. I’m a packrat, but I used to be a lot worse about it than I am nowadays. I’ll be working on this Project in baby steps, as I don’t have a lot of energy or endurance; but I’ll be plugging … Continue reading
- NOVA Easter Homeless Outreach – Easter 2015 (3/31/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlyNew Orleans Vampire Association (NOVA) Easter outreach to feed the homeless in New Orleans, LA. There is still time to donate something! Click through to their site for more info or to donate: http://www.neworleansvampireassociation.org/easter.html Rate: 0
- Corvis emergency relocation drive — please help (3/17/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlyFor those of you who are not familiar with Corvis Nocturnum, he is the author of a number of books including Embracing the Darkness and Allure of the Vampire, and runs his own publishing company (Dark Moon Press) with many occult, horror and vampire related titles; he also is one of the producers and hosts of the upcoming series, Eerie America (based on his book, Eerie America: Travel Guide of the Macabre), which has … Continue reading
- Navigating Sanguinarius v5 (2/19/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlySomeone recently requested help on navigating the new version of Sanguinarius.org. I’ll certainly give it a go, although a lot has changed and will continue to change as the site evolves. I don’t guarantee that I’ll cover everything but I’ll mention some of the basics: You can navigate to different sections of the site, and also hop on over to other sites, using the top-of-the-page Navigation Menu. Mouseover one of the “tabs”/headings and a … Continue reading
- Multilingual Site (2/18/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlyI just added the capability to translate by machine with phrases editable by (logged in) humans (errr, vampires wink) in the following languages (inclusive): English (of course!) French German Italian Spanish If this plugin works out nicely and does what’s expected, I will upgrade to the full version and include more languages. Rate: 0
- Simplified Sanguinarius (2/18/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlyI simplified the structure and navigation of Sanguinarius by combining the Articles Archive with the Vampire Guide/Vampire Handbook. The result is the Knowledge Archive and publishing a page or post on here is now a lot simpler! The Knowledge Archive index (with additional information such as excerpt/summary and publication date) is accessible here, as well as by category in the dropdown list in the left-hand column. I am considering folding the “Awakening Stories” section … Continue reading
- Comments Working Again (1/27/2015) - Print/PDF FriendlyFor the past 48 days, comments were not working. Eventually, I got a clue that something was wrong and a friend/helper and I looked into things and discovered one of my plugins was blocking them. Now things have been fixed and comments are once again working. 😀 On most every page of Sanguinarius, you can now discuss and comment on the various articles and information. Agree/disagree with an article? Finally find the info you … Continue reading
- Audio Archive
- Chat in #Sanguinarius
- Contact Sanguinarius
- Copyright Notice
- Disclaimer & Commentary
- Donations / Current Needs (update)
- Edit Profile
- Hosted Sites
- Knowlege Archive
- News & Announcements
- Password Recovery
- Polls Archive
- Recommended Links
- Submissions Form
- Submissions Guidelines & Form
- Terminology and Lingo
- Vampire FAQs
- Video Vault
- Volunteer Opportunities